Atomic Defense’s standalone NIJ III AR-15 and AK-47 Bulletproof Armor is a hard-body security solution capable of withstanding rifle rounds. These ceramic body armor plates feature polyethylene support for additional strength against various rifle calibers from guns like the AK-47 or AR-15.
- Notable features: A curved shape that conforms to the body for high mobility when moving or firing.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ level III plates are tested to stop 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm FMJ lead core and hollow point rifle ammunition from common rifles like the AK-47 and AR-15. The plates also protect against 9mm, 10mm, .45cal, .40cal, .380, .38 Special, and lesser calibers.
- Testing procedure: Our testers go above and beyond the NIJ requirement for ballistic resistance by firing multiple 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm FMJ lead core and hollow point rounds as well as 7.62x51mm/.308.
- ERGONOMIC: Curved to match your body shape. The real ergonomic cut allows full movement and action. This plate allows for easy shouldering of a weapon, and unobstructed aiming of a pistol.
- LEGAL TRAVEL: TSA & airplane safe. Certified NIJ level 3 standalone polyethylene protection (better than IIIa or 3a) that can be used during airline travel too.
- NIJ III RATED: Complies with NIJ Level III under standard 0101.06. Blocks and stops various sniper, pistol, assault rifles, airgun rounds. Best thing to have in a life or death situation. Two plate purchase is recommended for vests and clothing to cover both front and back areas.
- BETTER THAN IIIA & KEVLAR: Stops various AR-15 with 5.56 & AK-47 with 7.62 & more, see description. Military-grade PE and ceramic mil spec plating. Tried and tested to stop multiple rounds from various weapons.
- MORE COMPACT THAN KEVLAR: 250x300x16 mm, 25x30x1.6 cm, 10x12x0.6 inches. (width x height x depth) with 2.1 Kg weight.
- This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.
- Each model contains low-visibility fabrics and paints that enable greater stealth in dark environments.
- Materials resist water, fire, dust, and extreme heat and cold.
- Ballistic resistance: Meets and exceeds level III requirements for NIJ standard 0101.06
- Weight: 4.6 pounds / 2.1kg
- Material: Military-grade PE with ceramic plating
- Sizes: Options for 10×12 carrier vests
In the Box
- NIJ level III PE ballistic plate (Equal to commercial III+ plates)