Legacy Safety & Security PASGT ballistic helmet is a high performance, multi-layer, light weight combat helmet. Tested and proven to achieve a ranking of Level IIIA by the USA National Institute of Justice (NIJ STD 0106.01 ) by defeating .357 sig full metal jacket flat nose rounds (FMJ FN) and .44 Magnum semi jacketed hollow point (SJHP) rounds at velocities traveling up to 1450 ft/s.
Designed with a multi-layer constructions consisting of aramid and ballistic polyethylene to protect the user from ballistic hazards and fragmentation. The head harness was manufactured with foam cushioned leather headband and a comfortable chinstrap including base attachment for optional face guard.
Helmet design is US PASGT in accordance with MIL-H 44099A standard. Making this ballistic helmet light weight and durable ideal for police, ground troops, or special units.
- NIJ 0101.06 – Level IIIA
- Tested for Penetration and back face deformation
- Standard PASGT design (MIL-H-44099A)
- Defeated Rifles: .357 Magnum rifle, .44 Magnum rifle
- Defeated Handguns: .9mm, .357mm, .40 S&W FMJ
- Dimensions: Shell Thickness 7.3 +/- 0.8. Weight 2.9lbs
- (NSN 8470-01-092-7526)